Illinois Humanities presents Visions of Justice: East St. Louis, a program of our Envisioning Justice initiative produced in partnership with VAM Studio.
This edition of the Visions of Justice series features interviews with five insightful contributors from the East St. Louis area:
- TraVonn Jones, Connections to Success
- Tiara Moore, United Congregations of Metro East
- Edna Patterson-Petty, Artist
- Sandra Pfeifer, Feed Room Films
- Andrew Theising, SIU-Edwardsville Dept. of Political Science
About the Series
Visions of Justice is an eight-part video series created in partnership with VAM STUDIO that brings together the perspectives of more than 30 Illinoisans spread over seven towns and cities to examine the far-reaching impacts of mass incarceration in our local communities.
Each edition features interviews with organizers, scholars, artists, and other residents in different Illinois communities: Bloomington-Normal, Carbondale, Chicago, Decatur, East St. Louis, Galesburg, and Urbana-Champaign. View the full series to watch the conversation unfold across the state.
Illinois Humanities and our Envisioning Justice initiative extend our deepest gratitude to the many collaborators and community partners who made Visions of Justice: Carbondale possible:
- VAM Studio, filmmakers and producers
- Ellie Hall, editor
- Laura Chow Reeve, animator and visual artist of Radical Roadmaps
- I Am East St. Louis Magazine