In recent weeks, issues surrounding the Ebola virus have filled news sites.
- The apology and settlement from Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital to the family of the late Thomas Eric Duncan (only U.S. victim of Ebola)
- The release of Dr. Craig Spencer from Bellevue Hospital Center in New York after recovering from Ebola
- The $6.2 billion aid President Barack Obama requested of Congress for Ebola related-funds
- The nurse in Maine, Kaci Kickox, who was refusing quarantine after she tested negative for Ebola
Questions for Consideration
- To what degree does American news media coverage reflect a genuine threat?
- Who is responsible for educating the public about Ebola?
- How do you feel about the $6.2 billion request in emergency funds to fight the spread of Ebola
- How do you believe the U.S. media has covered news about the Ebola virus?
- Do you feel the U.S. public response to one death domestically and 5,000 deaths in Africa reflects isolationism?
Want to learn more?
- Media coverage of Ebola requires delicate balance
- Don’t Blame CNN for the Ebola panic
- Media coverage of Ebola in America spreads unnecessary panic
- The Media’s Ebola Coverage: The More You Watch, The Less You Know?
- John Oliver Lambasts Media Over NYC Ebola Coverage
- What Ebola Failures Reveal About American Hospitals
If you need a sign interpreter or require other arrangements to fully participate, please call 312.422.5580 at least 72 hours prior to the event.
For parking locations near the facility, please visit ChicagoParkingMap.com.