“Recent legislation passed by the Illinois legislature requires that scores from standardized tests be used for teacher accountability and performance.To someone not in the education field, this mandate may seem reasonable. However, most people don’t realize that standardized tests were never designed to measure learning. Standardized tests were designed so that half of the test takers will fall below the 50 percent line…Additionally, standardized tests are not reliable because they oftentimes do not get consistent results. (The same students taking the same test score differently.)”
Want to learn more?
- In defense of standardized testing
- Testing and the Common Core
- Stop the War Against Standardized Tests
- Is the use of the standardized tests improving education in America?
- Chicago academics warn against using student test scores to rate teachers
Free and open to the public. For more information, call 312.422.5580.
If you need a sign interpreter or require other arrangements to fully participate, please call 312.422.5580. For parking locations near the facility, please visit Chicago Parking Map