From Obama’s Budget: Freezing the Poor by Amy Goodman
“President Barack Obama unleashed his proposed 2012 budget this week, pronouncing, proudly: ‘I’ve called for a freeze on annual domestic spending over the next five years.’ This freeze would cut the deficit by more than $400 billion over the next decade, bringing this kind of spending—domestic discretionary spending—to its lowest share of our economy since Dwight Eisenhower was president.”
Questions for Consideration
How would you rate President Obama’s performance during his first term as president? How did Obama’s policies impact working class and poor people? How can we work with (or without) public officials to affect real change for working class and poor families?
Want to find out more
- Another Budget Deadline Approaches, Poor People Still Screwed
- “Don’t Punish the Poor” Ecoomist Jeffrey Sachs Slams Obama-GOP Budget Deal
- Obama and Executive Power: How’s that Hope and Change Working Out?
- The Obama Disaster, at Home and Abroad
- Obama seeks to be working class hero
- Budget Deal Slashes Nutrition Assistance For Poor Women and Children, Boosts Defense Spending by $5 Billion