Questions for Consideration
How worried are you about your privacy rights and how worried are you about national security? How important is it for the government to be transparent about their security initiatives? What steps do you take (if any) to protect your online information? Are the whistleblowers who bring this to our attention portrayed as heroes or traitors in the media?
Want to learn more?
- Reuters: Why The Government Wants Your Metadata
- ACLU: The NSA Surveillance Order, Explained by the ACLU
- The Guardian: NSA Collecting the Data of Million of Verizon Customers Daily
- PolicyMic: PRISM Surveillance Scandal: Welcome to George W. Obama’s America
- Slate: People v. NSA: Who Represents the Public at the Foreign Intelligence
- Surveillance Court?
- Washington Post: U.S., British intelligence mining data from nine U.S. Internet
- companies in broad secret program
Free and open to the public. For more information please call 312.422.5580.
If you need a sign interpreter or require other arrangements to fully participate, please call 312.422.5580. For parking locations near the facility, please visit ChicagoParkingMap.com.