- Are you interested in applying for an IHC Community Grant?
- Do you want to create community conversations in your town or neighborhood around issues that matter?
- Are you looking for tips on building effective partnerships in partnering and collaborating with other agencies to build your programs and audiences?
Representatives from Illinois nonprofit organizations are invited to join us for this special grant application and humanities resource day. During the workshop you’ll learn about the many ways in which the Illinois Humanities Council provides support for nonprofits, meet IHC Staff and Board members who can provide insight into connecting with the IHC, and make local connections with potential collaborators and allied organizations.
Tentative Schedule of Events:
- 10:00 AM: Overview of IHC Community Grant Guidelines and Application Procedures with IHC Senior Program Officer Ryan Lewis and IHC Program Liaison Kay Rippelmeyer-Tippy
- 11:15 AM: Overview of Public Humanities Programs Essentials with IHC Senior Program Officer Ryan Lewis and IHC Program Coordinator Mallory Laurel.
- 12:15 PM: Lunch with tour of Varsity Center for the Arts
- 12:45 PM: Building and Sustaining Effective Partnerships: a panel conversation with regional representatives and perspectives from Southern Illinois University’s Humanities Forum and Southern Illinois Association of Museums as well as independent filmmakers and other allied agencies.
- 2:00 PM: Adjourn
Read our Community Grant guidelines. The next grant application deadline is July 15, 2012.
For more information, please call 312.422.5580.