A conference on the experiences of WWII soldiers returning home to the midwest after the war.
- 9:30 AM: “James Jones: The Evolution of a Soldier and a Writer” Ray Elliott, author
- 10:00AM: “Censors and Tempers”– Helen Howe, James Jones Literary Society
- 11:00AM: “A Recipe for Some Came Running: 7 Parts Robinson, 3 Parts Marshall. Shake Until Blended” — Doug Lawhead, James Jones Literary Society
- 12:00 PM: Break for Lunch
- 1:00PM: “Remembering the Music of World War II” — Dan Perrino, Medicare 7, 8 or 9
- 2:30 PM: Break
- 2: 45 PM: “World War II in Literature”– Don Burgett, author
- 5:00 PM: “It’s Been a Long, Long Time: The War’s End and the G.I.’s Return as Heard on the Radio and in Popular Music.” –Matthew Barton, Library of Congress
- 6:00 PM: Break for Dinner
- 7:30 PM:* Winston Groom, author of Forrest Gump (Keynote Presentation)
- 8:30 PM:* Music by EIU Jazz Ensemble
For more information contact Joy Pratte, 217-549-2876 or visit evff.net.