The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) is once again excited to ask residents of Cook, DuPage, Will, Kane, McHenry, Lake, and Kendall counties to pull out their cameras and capture what they value about the region.
The 2009 Images of Northeastern Illinois Photo Contest runs during the month of November. All photos must be received by December 1, 2009 at 5:00 p.m.
Two winners (a First Prize and runner-up) will be selected in each of the following categories, along with one overall contest winner and runner-up:
- Diversity (people, places, art, culture, food)
- Community Vitality (walkable, vibrant places; retail; neighborhood pride)
- Natural Environment (lakes, rivers, preserves, parks, sky, wildlife)
- Architecture/Urban Design (plazas, buildings, neighborhoods, boulevards)
- Transportation (pedestrians, bikes, cars, boats, trains, planes, etc.)
Awards will include prizes donated by local businesses and a showcase of the winners’ photos at a location TBA. Submissions to the contest may also be featured on CMAP’s website and in print publications (with prior consent only).