President and Founder of the National Museum of Mexican Art Carlos Tortolero will receive the Council’s 2008 Public Humanities Award. Given annually, this award recognizes individuals and organizations for their contributions to public understanding of the role the humanities play in transforming lives and strengthening communities.
Registration starts at 11:30 AM. The luncheon begins at noon.
- $10,000 and up Visionary —Receive a table for 10, signage at the event, premier listing in the program and on the Council’s website, and be announced from the podium.
- $5,000 and up Benefactor —Receive a table for 10, listing in the program and on the Council’s website, and be announced from the podium.
- $2,500 and up Sponsor –Receive a table for 10, listing in the program and on the Council’s website.
- $600 Supporters will receive 2 tickets, listing in the event program and on the Council’s website.
* Contributions at the Supporter Level and above will be listed as members of the Benefit Committee. All pledges received by February 29, 2008 will be listed in the invitation, and all pledges received by April 14, 2008 will be listed in the program.
All funds raised by this event help the Council make opportunities available throughout Illinois for lifelong learning, civic reflection, and community enrichment. For more information about the IHC, please call 312.422.5580 or visit prairie.org/Programs.