Prior to today’s Forum, students from eight schools examined case studies concerning freedom of expression, right to health, international justice, rights of children and military intervention for human rights. These schools chose delegates to represent them at the Forum.
The delegates will deliberate these case studies, meet with various guest experts, engage in a human rights simulation, and design a final outreach project to be completed by students in their classrooms.
- Richard Hughes, Associate Professor of History, Illinois State University
- Maryam Judar, Community Lawyer, Citizen Advocacy Center
- Greg Koos, Executive Director, McLean County Museum of History
- Patrice Olsen, Associate Professor of History, Illinois State University
- Kathren Sammis, Lecturer, School of Communication, Illinois State University
The Forum takes place in serveral rooms at ISU’s Bone Student Center. Forum participation is limited to those who were invited or pre-registered.
For more information, please call 312.422.5580.